Tuesday, December 15, 2009

MANITOBA RECORDS

I came across this site last night and it just goes to show you that you need to revisit your research over and over again. You never know what will show up. (http://www.shsb.mb.ca/paysriel/outils/frs-outlnk-voyageurs.html)

The site is in French but I read enough French to know that I have to get written permission to use the pictures on my site. You can copy them for personal use without permission however. 
I saved about a dozen photos of my ancestors starting with my grandfather Ziphirin Champagne. This is a different photo that I already had.


There were other photos of my great grand aunts and uncles. Many slightly distant cousins a few times removed. And also a group photo with the Metis Council. There were 4 or 5 of my family in that picture but the quality of the complete picture is very poor so I really can't see their faces. 
If you have family from Manitoba you should have a look on this site to see what they have in their archives. The following is the translation from that site:
This project was carried out thanks to l' financial aid of the government of Canada, by l' intermediary of the Public records of Canada and the Canadian Council of the files and l' Association manitobaine of the files like l' financial aid of Culture, Inheritance and Manitoba Tourism

3 comments:

Linda Hughes Hiser said...

WOW....information and photos, too. What a find. I, too go back to old resources on the net to see if new info has been added. Sometimes it works....sometimes it doesn't. As I have blogged my latest find is google books....I have been able to find beaucoup info on ancestors in their old book collection. Note that use of my French...lol

FranE said...

Awesome. That is a blessing. Santa visited you early. ; )
Wish I could read French.

My Grama's Soul said...

Oh Lori- What a nice find and you have quite a handsome grandfather.
He also has a TERRIFIC FIRST NAME!! I love unusual first names - do you know where that comes from?

Blessings to you,

Josette